Tagged by NoireNambu
1) You have to post ALL the rules
2) Answer 12 questions you have been asked then create some 12 questions for people you tagged
3) Choose 12 people
4) Legitimately tag these people
5) You can't say you don't do tags
6) Tag backs are ALLOWED!!!!
1. What is your very first fandom? Are you still a part of said fandom to this day?
I could say Care Bears/My Little Ponies/Rainbow Brite/Popples, since they were in my earliest memories, but I don't think I was a true fangirl until I fell in love with DragonBall Z. I know for a fact that I'm gonna be obsessed with DBZ for the rest of eternity, long after I'm dead and buried. My second fandom is definitely The Labyrinth.
2. Do you follow your heart or your head?
Actually, I've realized lately that I tend to follow my fear, but I'm trying to change that. I want to follow my heart after consulting with my head.
3. What do you miss most about being a kid?
How easy it was to live in the moment. I didn't fret about the past or future like I so easily do now.
4. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
I've survived. After years of severe mental illness, often leading to suicidal thoughts and behaviors, I'm still here and trying. I'm grateful for everyone who helped me accomplish that.
5. What is one thing that you would like to change about the world?
More connection. Disconnection is what's at the core of our doom.
6. What’s your favorite book or book series?
My beloved DBZ manga.
7. And your favorite game or game series?
Um... I'm not a gamer, but I'll always love Zelda Ocarina of Time. I miss watching my brothers play it.
8. What fictional character do you relate to the most, and why?
Relate to? I could tell you a hundred I admire (mostly DBZ, Labyrinth and Batman characters). But relate to? Um... I don't know any seriously messed up characters, hahaha. I guess sometimes I appreciate Selina Kyle (Catwoman) especially for her need to protect herself and to feel powerful and valuable, hence why she created a new persona. Sometimes I wish I could put on a suit and go scouring the city, feeling like a total badass, waiting to play "chase" with a handsome hero. That would be quite the pick-me-up after feeling bad all day.
9. What is the biggest risk that you've taken?
In July of 2017, I quit my cashiering job without telling anyone. I still left the house 4-5 times a week, pretending to go to work when really I was working on my art career (comics, art books, videos, etc.). I didn't realize how wrong that was at the time. I thought I was taking control of my life and health and happiness. I thought this was the best choice, and telling my family would only stress them out. It wasn't until I was all out of money and hadn't finished a single thing in 7 months (because even without a stressful job I still had anxiety and bad habits that made it hard to focus and be productive) when I finally told my family the truth and saw myself as I truly was... acting in fear rather than love. It was a humbling experience, but I'm fixing it now... from the inside-out. So... it was a failed risk, but the silver lining is that I learned countless life lessons I'd been missing. Lessons that I needed to find true happiness.
10. How did you get your username? What’s the meaning behind your DA handle?
It used to be "qtsushigirl". I was... 13 at the time? I'd gotten my first betafish, Sushi, and I loved him like crazy. I created my first OC based off him (an alien girl). She was my online persona for a long time. I tried to make my DA name "sushigirl" but it was taken, so I put "qt" on it since my sweet high school friends called me that all the time in the notes we passed to each other. "Beka U R such a QT!" Kind things like that meant the world to me and obviously stuck with me. I changed it to my name to be more professional, and then I added "studios" to look even more professional, but... that might be overkill. I might change it back to BekaDavis.
11. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Um... am I allowed to say gluten-free vegan sugar cookies? That stuff's my crack. Darn you, Whole Foods, for charging $13 for a box of 6!
12. How do you want to be remembered?
I'm gonna work hard to create tons of stories and art, and I hope to be remembered as someone who made the world smile.
1. How do you destress?
2. Do you trust yourself?
3. How are you with self-compassion?
4. "Religion is for those who fear Hell, spirituality is for those who have already been there." Agree or disagree?
5. Is there a song with lyrics that mean a lot to you?
6. Is there anything you hope to do soon?
7. How do you react when you're told what to do by someone completely unqualified to do so?
8. How would you handle being without internet for a whole month?
9. Earliest happy memory?
10. "Everyone has to overcome their childhood." What childhood scars do you still carry?
11. If your life went "perfectly", how would it play out from here on?
12. If you could create anything with ease, what would it be?
Tags (fine, I'll tag people, but not 12!) (Oh wow, I actually thought of 12 people...)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ah, memes. A fun blast from the past. I used to do them all the time. Have I really been on DA for 18'ish years now? Wow.
Thank you for all the support I received for my Labyrinth fan comic (Too Much Rejection). As mentioned above, I quit my job and tried to start an art career.
My original plan was to first gain an audience with a fan comic, but the clock was ticking, I panicked and I dropped that project to create an original comic (Sock Gnomes) that I'd legally be allowed to make income off of. But I had all kinds of problems I didn't see, and I ran out of money before finishing anything. I worked hard, but it wasn't enough. I've got a lot of personal demons to tackle, and a lot of financial messes to clean up.
But I'm still eager to share my stories, whether that'll ever be a career or not. I'm searching for full-time employment and a therapist that takes my insurance and is open on the weekends/evenings, while starting over on my art in my free time. I'm going back to the basics. I'm going back over the principles and elements of design, color theory, and basic drawing. I was in such a rush to just create SOMETHING a few months ago that I didn't focus on filling my projects with quality. Now I'm back to creating something worth remembering.
Thank you all for being here for me. I've created an isolated life, intentionally and unintentionally, and there are days when DA is my only social group. I appreciate all of you so much.